It’s 2018. I’m alert and active again. Who knows how long it will last?
Here’s a written account of what I promised myself I’d attempt to get done this year…
By the end of 2018 I’d like to have:
- Painted 50 paintings
- Ran a cumulative 1000 miles
- Written 50 blog posts (49!)
- Posted 12 videos on YouTube
- Created a portfolio of 12 graphic design works
- Practiced the trumpet for 50 hours
- Run a 5k race in under 24 minutes
- Run a marathon in under 5 hours
- Lifted 1000# in the big 3 lifts
- Settled my remaining SF/F/H debts
Projects I’d like to complete this year:
- Launch a new SF/F/H online magazine with an associated podcast
- Edit and publish one anthology/collection
- Create and publish a mobile app
- Write and submit a technical article
- Write a fiction story
- Write one non-fiction book
- Write a novel
…and a number of other projects that seem to be either too presumptuous or too crazy to post about them yet.
Will I get it all done in 2018? Probably not. If you accomplish all of your goals in a year then they probably weren’t big enough. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!